• Removal of wisdom teeth in accordance with NICE Guidelines
• Symptomatic complex retained roots
• Failed extractions
• Difficult extractions in specific circumstances (justification to be provided)
• Apical surgery where reroot treatment has proved unsuccessful or impossible. Apicectomy will only be provided where there is a
considerable chance of success.
• Labial frenectomies when advised by an orthodontist and lingual frenectomies in accordance with NICE Guidelines.
• Closure of persistent oro – antral communication
• Surgical treatment for warfaranised patients
The CCS Oral Surgery Service will provide treatment under local anaesthesia. We will often offer treatment to patients at their first appointment depending on the appropriateness of referrals and the complexity of the procedure. It is essential that all referrals are comprehensive and include relevant radiographs of an acceptable diagnostic standard.